The Makita 8-1/2” Slide Compound Miter Saw (model LS0815F) combines a compact and lightweight design with a powerful direct-drive motor. Portable and powerful, the LS0815F is an ideal cutting solution for applications ranging from woodworking and carpentry to room-to-room applications like finish, trim, and flooring installation.
The LS0815F is powered by a direct drive 10.5 AMP motor with soft start. This is a key point of difference, as users will experience smoother start-ups and constant power with no belts to slip or replace. The electric brake provides added convenience.
The linear ball bearing system is engineered to delivery smooth, “dead-on” accurate cuts. At 90° the LS0815F has 12” crosscutting capacity, with 8-1/2” capacity at 45° (miter). The saw miters 0° to 50° left and 0 to 60° right, with positive stops at 0°, 15°, 22.5°, 31.6°, 45°, and 50° (left and right), and an additional stop at 60° (right). The dual rear handle bevel lock is easily accessible and adjusts 0°- 48° (left) and 0°- 5° (right) with positive stops at 0° and 45° (left).
The LS0815F weighs only 31.1 lbs. for increased portability. Additional features include a see-through blade guard system for greater visibility of the blade and line-of-cut. The ergonomic rubberized horizontal D-handle design has a better fit and added comfort, and the large trigger switch is designed for easier operation. The LS0815F also includes an L.E.D. light that illuminates the line of cut.
The LS0815F is part of Makita’s expanding line-up of best-in-class miter saws that deliver capacity, accuracy, and portability for a range of cutting applications. It is ideal for baseboard and crown molding installation, finish carpentry, cabinet and furniture making, wood floor installation, deck building, general construction, and more.
- Powerful 10.5 AMP direct drive motor requires less maintenance and delivers 5,000 RPM
- Miters 0°- 50° left and 0°- 60° right, with positive stops at 0°, 15°, 22.5°, 31.6°, 45° and 50° (left and right) plus 60° (right)
- Compact and lightweight (31.1 lbs.) for jobsite portability
- Cuts up to 12” at 90° and 8-1/2” at 45°
- Linear ball bearing system engineered to deliver "dead-on" accurate cuts
- Dual rear handle bevel lock is easily accessible and adjusts 0°- 48° (left) and 0°- 5° (right) with positive stops at 0° and 45° (left)
- Soft start feature for smooth start-ups
- Built-in L.E.D. light illuminates the line of cut for increased accuracy
- Exclusive 2-1/2" tall fence system for increased vertical cutting capacity
- Ergonomic rubberized D-handle design for better fit and added comfort
- Large precision machined aluminum base supports material for more efficient cutting
- Electric brake for maximum productivity
- See-through blade guard system for greater visibility of the line of cut
- Oversized trigger switch for better fit, added comfort and easier operation
- Connects directly to Makita Xtract Vac® (VC4710) for a cleaner work area
- Includes extension wings for supporting long work pieces
- Ideal for baseboard and crown molding installation, finish carpenters, cabinet and furniture makers, wood floor installers, deck builders, general construction and more
- Blade Diameter: 8-1/2"
- Arbor: 5/8"
- Max. Cutting Capacity (miter 90°): 2-9/16" x 12"
- Max. Cutting Capacity (miter 45°, L/R): 2-9/16" x 8-1/2"
- No Load Speed: 5,000 RPM
- Dimensions (LxWxH): 29-3/4" x 17-3/4" x 19-1/4"
- AMPS: 10.5
- Net Weight: 31.1 lbs.
- Stand included: No
- Bench & Stationary Tool Type: Slide miter saw
- Power Type: Corded
- Shipping Weight: 41.8 lbs.
- UPC Code: 088381-662376
- (1) A-95934 8-1/2" 48T Carbide-Tipped Miter Saw Blade
- (1) JM27000328 Triangle Rule
- (1) JM23510009 Vertical Vise
- (1) JM23510010 Dust Bag, LS0815F
- (1) 782230-2 Box Wrench, LS0815F
- (2) JM23000127 Extension Wing